Boost Weight-Loss with Supplements
Got no time to work out regularly or prepare healthy meals? Feel like your efforts to lose weight are not enough? Do not lose hope. There are safe and effective weight-loss supplements you can take to help you reach your weight-loss goals.
How do weight-loss supplements work?
Different weight-loss supplements work in different ways to give you the boost you need to lose those excess pounds and become healthier.
- Some supplements promote weight loss by increasing the body’s fat-burning capability.
- Some supplements help reduce appetite and calorie intake by making one feel fuller faster or longer.
- Some supplements help reduce calorie intake by cutting down fat absorption.
Here are the best weight-loss supplements available in the market today.
This popular drink is a heavy-weight when it comes to its amazing health benefits, particularly its potent antioxidant properties. The antioxidants in green tea are called catechins, and the most abundant type of catechin in green tea – epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG – has been the subject of numerous studies for its ability to boost metabolism.
Green tea also contains caffeine, which is well-known for its fat-burning properties and ability to sustain stamina during exercise.
Every 400-mg maximum dose, or two soft-gel capsules, of Applied Nutrition Green Tea Fat Burner with EGCG delivers 400 mg of green tea extract (which is 50% EGCG) and 160 mg of caffeine. The once-a-day dose of two soft-gel capsules can increase the rate of calorie burning in the body, as well as boost its fat-burning efficiency.
This supplement aids in weight loss in three ways:
- Through thermogenesis, wherein the process of breaking down body fat for energy, called lipolysis, is kicked into gear. The ingredient acetyl-L-carnitine facilitates this process.
- Through appetite suppression, which is aided by the supplement’s green tea component.
- And by boosting energy, particularly during workouts, so as to stimulate the body to burn even more fats for fuel.
In addition to Burn XT’s key ingredients, acetyl-L-carnitine and green tea extract, it also contains caffeine anhydrous (dehydrated, concentrated caffeine), cayenne extract, and black pepper extract to further energize the body and support higher rates of fat-burning.
Zero Tea is a combination weight-loss and detox tea. This supplement contains all-natural ingredients: organic rooibos, green tea, cloves, orange peels, cinnamon, nutmeg, red peppercorn, and cornflower.
This ingredient combination aims to promote proper digestion; promote digestive health through gentle detoxification; relieve bloating; boost metabolism and energy levels; stimulate fat-burning; stimulate blood circulation; and provide antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and essential vitamins and minerals.
95% HCA, 2100 mg Capsules | Appetite Suppressant | Non-Stimulating | Weight Loss Pills, Burn Fat & Boost Metabolism,
Garcinia cambogia is a small, yellow or green fruit, shaped like a pumpkin, and with an extremely sour taste; it is usually used in cooking. Garcinia cambogia supplements use the fruit’s peel, which contains high amounts of hydroxycitric acid (HCA).
Several studies on the weight-loss benefits of Garcinia cambogia found that HCA can help suppress appetite in some people by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. The most relevant study to date involved moderately obese individuals who took 2,800 mg of G. cambogia for eight weeks. Results revealed that the participants had:
- 3% lower total cholesterol levels;
- 3% lower bad LDL cholesterol levels;
- 7% lower good HDL cholesterol levels;
- 6% lower blood triglycerides; and
- 125%-258% more fat metabolites excreted in urine.
Overall, these results indicate reduced or inhibited fat production, which can lead to lowered blood fats and reduced risk for weight gain.
Most Garcinia cambogia supplements contain between 20% and 60% HCA; Orphic Nutrition’s Garcinia cambogia supplement contains 95% HCA, the highest in the market.
Building lean muscle mass is one of the most effective ways to boost weight loss, and to do so requires consumption of high amounts of high quality protein. Gold Standard 100% Whey Blend is best for individuals who want to supplement their muscle-building efforts to achieve and maintain their weight goals.
Each serving of Gold Standard 100% Whey delivers:
- 24 grams blended protein, consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides. Whey is the best protein source for muscle building as it digests rapidly and, therefore, is also absorbed by the muscles quickly, which is especially important during strength-training workouts.
- 4 grams glutamine. Glutamine is an essential amino acid, and studies have shown that supplementing with glutamine can help improve muscle performance and muscle gain, as well as with post-workout recovery.
- 5 grams BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids). These are a group of three essential amino acids that are known to help increase muscle gain, enhance performance during exercise, and reduce fatigue after workout.
Syntha-6 derives its high-quality protein from eggs, milk, and wheat. Each serving delivers 22g of protein and 10g of essential amino acids for muscle strength and growth, and 5g of fiber. This particular protein milkshake is an ideal supplement to any exercise regimen or nutrition plan for weight management and weight loss.
Most customers love its rich, creamy, and delicious flavor, sans the sugar and fat of a real milkshake.
Natural weight-loss ingredients
A number of scientific studies have established the weight-loss benefits of the following natural ingredients. Look for these when choosing a weight-loss supplement, or simply add them to your daily food intake.
- You can get your dose of caffeine from coffee, green tea, or dark chocolate. A lot of beverages, especially energy drinks, also contain caffeine. Caffeine is also a popular ingredient in many weight-loss supplements as it is an effective metabolism booster. Coffee and green tea, ideally without milk and sugar, are the best sources of caffeine, if you’re after its fat-burning properties. Product recommendation: Dymatize, a whey protein powder. The mocha variant delivers 36 grams of caffeine and 25 grams of protein in each serving.
- A fiber derived from the roots of the elephant yam, it suppresses appetite and reduces calorie intake by promoting a feeling fullness. When consumed, glucomannan remains in the gut and absorbs water, creating the feeling of fullness. It is also beneficial to the friendly bacteria in the intestine; is an effective remedy for constipation; and helps lower blood cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar.
- Soy protein. As a plant-based protein containing all nine essential amino acids, this is a good alternative to dairy-based protein and is ideal for vegetarians/vegans and people who cannot tolerate milk proteins. Soy protein aids weight-loss through appetite suppression and reduced calorie intake.
- Egg white protein. This is another good alternative to dairy-based protein. Its ability to suppress appetite and reduce calorie consumption is not as great as that of whey protein, but adding this to your nutrition and/exercise regimen will still give you some weight-loss benefits.
Don’t feel guilty if you find it hard to commit to a healthy diet plan and a strict exercise regimen. It’s also normal to fall off the weight-loss bandwagon once in a while. The above-mentioned products and ingredients can help your weight-loss efforts along, even during times when you’re too lazy to go running or to whip up a healthy meal.
Just keep in mind that adding these supplements to your weight-loss plan will not magically make you lose those excess pounds. You will still have to be mindful of what you eat and you will still have to regularly engage in some physical activity.