Exercise no. 1
- Start by sitting at a lateral pulldown cable pulley. Keep your feet planted and adjust the knee holders (if available) to the correct height. Attach a wide bar to the pulley.
- Reach up and grip on the shorter angled portions on each side of the bar, with you palms facing forward. Lean back at a 25 – 35 degree angle with your chest sticking out. This will give your back a natural curve.
- Exhale while slowly pulling the bar down towards your chest. You should feel your back squeeze together at the bottom of the movement.
- Pause, then inhale while slowly letting the bar back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired amount of reps.
Tip: Be sure to not swing with your back to pull the bar downwards. Be sure to also keep your back stable through the movement.