Breakfast Recipes That Will Get You Out of Bed
The morning is the hardest part of the day for almost everyone. No one wants to leave their comfy bed, let alone spend precious time they could be sleeping making food. But everyone knows breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A good breakfast sets you and your body up for success. Here are some breakfast recipes that are bound to make your morning a little more tolerable.
It’s time to take back breakfast with this healthy protein pancake recipe. It’s simple and can be customized any way you like. Who doesn’t like pancakes?
raw oats – ¼ cup
fat-free cottage cheese – ¼ cup
banana or vanilla protein powder – ½ scoop(s)
1. Blend all the ingredients until a batter forms. Pour over a hot griddle.
2. Flip when the edges start browning.
3. Serve with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and top with almonds.
Coconut Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are rich in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals and are a vegetarian source of omega-3 fats. Since chia seeds absorb liquid, letting them sit in coconut milk for a couple of hours gives this coconut chia treat a thick, pudding-like texture. Top with fresh berries for antioxidants, and you have a high-fiber, nutrient-dense breakfast that is low-carb, gluten free, and completely vegan. Although the prep time is long, you can prep it the night before so it’s ready to go the next morning!
coconut milk – ¾ cup
water – ½ cup
chia seeds – ¼ cup
coconut, flaked – ¼ cup
table salt – 1 pinch
1. Combine coconut milk, water, chia seeds, coconut, and salt in a small serving vessel and let sit 2-3 hours.
2. Serve with fresh berries.
Banana-Walnut French Toast
There are times when you just gotta have French toast! If you have some extra time to prepare your breakfast, try this healthy take on this all-time favorite!
ezekiel bread – 4 slice
liquid egg whites – ⅓ cup
egg – 1 whole
almond milk – 1 tsp
Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup – ½ tbsp
vanilla extract – ½ tsp
cinnamon – to taste
granulated Stevia – to taste
banana – 1
1. Whisk together egg whites, egg, almond milk, vanilla, hazelnut, cinnamon, and Stevia.
2. Coat each slice of bread in mixture.
3. Fry in a sprayed, heated pan 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
4. Top slices with sliced banana, walnut halves, and your favorite sugar-free syrup.
Apple Pie for Breakfast
Here is a hearty and scrumptious protein shake to jumpstart your morning. It comes complete with some good carbs and healthy fat! I’m sure you’ll enjoy putting a different spin on your usual morning protein shake.
vanilla whey protein powder – 1 scoop(s)
avocado – ¼
chopped dates – 3 whole
pitted,apple, diced – ½ whole
unsweetened almond milk – 1 cup
cinnamon – to taste
1. Blend all ingredients.
Like these recipes? Sign up with Modern Fit to get these recipes along with tailored fitness and nutrition plans.