Chick-Fil-A is the best of the best in the fast food industry, so you can bet that you’ll get plenty of satisfying low-carb options both on the menu and modified. There’s a keto Chick-Fil-A meal out there for you.
Compared to other fast food restaurants, eating at Chick-Fil-A on a low-carb diet can be an enjoyable experience. Of course, there are the usual temptations, but CFA’s low-carb/keto options are satisfying enough that you won’t feel like you’re depriving yourself.
- Low-carb friendly: Yes.
- Low-carb entrees on the menu: Yes. It’s easy enough to special order some of their menu items to make them low-carb (i.e. going bunless on their sandwiches), and they also offer grilled chicken salads and chicken nuggets that are already low-carb.
- Satiety of low-carb entrees: Average. You may have to order several low-carb items or more than serving of the same meal to feel full.
- Taste of low-carb entrees: Above average. Chick-Fil-A is known for serving delicious food, low-carb or not.
- Value for your money: Average.
- Overall customer experience: Chick-Fil-A provides great service even to customers on a low-carb diet. Dine-in service is better than drive-thru service, only specifically when it comes to wait-times. They do have items on the menu that are disguised as “healthier” choices, but actually have high levels of carbs.
Low-Carb Chick-Fil-A Breakfast Options
Note that Chick-Fil-A’s breakfast menu is only available until 10.30 AM. CFA will actually ring up your order per ingredient, instead of as full entrees, if you choose to order a la carte. Even if it’s just a dollar saved, it’s still a dollar earned!
Hash Brown Scramble Bowl with Chicken, sans the Hash Browns
- What you’ll get: scrambled eggs, three chopped chicken nuggets, and melted cheese. Even without the hash browns, this meal is satisfying and filling. Substitute a chopped sausage patty for the nuggets, if you don’t like the breaded nuggets. And you can order a side of Chick-Fil-A jalapeno salsa to add some kick to your meal.
- Price: $2.79
- Estimated Macros: 290 calories, 4g net carbs, and 29g protein
Chicken, Egg, & Cheese Bagel, sans the Bagel
- What you’ll get: half a fried chicken breast, a folded egg, and melted American cheese.
- Price: $3.39
- Estimated Macros: 290 calories, 7g net carbs, and 22g protein
Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit, sans the Biscuit
- What you’ll get: a sausage patty, a folded egg, and a slice of melted American cheese.
- Price: $2.19
- Estimated Macros: 360 calories, 3g net carbs, and 18g protein
Egg White Grill, sans the English Muffin
- What you’ll get: half a grilled chicken breast, a folded egg white, and a slice of American cheese. You might have to get two orders of this because it’s light on calories and not very filling; and you can add some Texas Pete hot sauce to liven up the flavor.
- Price: $2.44
- Macros: 150 calories, 1g net carbs, and 21g protein
Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit, sans the Biscuit
- What you’ll get: 2 slices of bacon, a folded egg, and melted American cheese. There’s nothing special in Chick-Fil-A’s version of this traditional combo, but it’s always a good option if you want something else other than chicken or breakfast sausage.
- Price: $1.90
- Macros: 190 calories, 3g net carbs, and 16g protein
Low-Carb Chick-Fil-A Lunch & Dinner Options
Chick-Fil-A’s regular menu is available all day, although wait time for these items might be longer during breakfast hours.
8-Piece Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- What you’ll get: Chick-Fil-A’s popularly delicious nuggets, paired with their Creamy Buffalo Ranch sauce. You can eat all eight nuggets and feel full without feeling guilty because each nugget only has 1g net carbs.
- Price: $3.49
- Estimated Macros: 260 calories, 8g net carbs, and 28g protein
Cobb Salad with Chick-Fil-A Chopped Nuggets, sans the Corn
- What you’ll get: 8 pieces Chick-Fil-A nuggets, Romaine lettuce, baby greens, shredded red cabbage and carrots, crumbled bacon, diced eggs, shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, and grape tomatoes. The great thing about this is it’s made fresh-to-order! You can ask the cashier not to include the tomatoes to cut the carbs by 5g. You can also substitute grilled nuggets for the fried nuggets. If you can afford the calories, order the Garlic & Herb Ranch dressing, which is an extra 280 calories and 2g net carbs.
- Price: $7.45
- Estimated Macros: 472 calories, 15g net carbs, and 39g protein; with grilled nuggets and no tomatoes, macros are 322 calories, 4g net carbs, and 36g protein
Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich, sans the Bun
- What you’ll get: 3 slices of bacon, a grilled chicken breast, lettuce, a slice of Colby-Jack cheese, and tomato. This is a bit dry, but you can add mayo or ranch dressing.
- Price: $5.95
- Estimated Macros: 280 calories, 4g net carbs, and 30g protein
8-Piece Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Nuggets
- What you’ll get: 8 pieces of bite-sized grilled nuggets. These are best paired with Chick-Fil-A’s Buffalo sauce.
- Price: $4.09
- Estimated Macros: 140 calories, 2g net carbs, and 25g protein
Grilled Market Salad, sans Fruit and Granola
- What you’ll get: sliced grilled chicken breast, chopped Romaine lettuce and baby greens, shredded red cabbage and carrots, and crumbled blue cheese. Ask the cashier not to include the fruit and granola. Order Chick-Fil-A’s Garlic & Herb Ranch dressing for more flavor (additional 280 calories and 2g net carbs).
- Price: $7.45
- Estimated Macros: 245 calories, 6g net carbs, and 26g protein
Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap, sans the Flatbread
- What you’ll get: sliced grilled chicken, lettuce, shredded red cabbage and carrots, and shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses. Ask to have your food served in a bowl, and pair with the Garlic & Herb Ranch dressing.
- Price: $5.45
- Macros: 250 calories, 5g net carbs, and 28g protein
Spicy Deluxe Sandwich, sans the Bun
- What you’ll get: spicy fried chicken breast, leaf lettuce, pickles, two slices of tomatoes, and Pepper Jack cheese. This is moderate instead of low-carb, so you may have to adjust your carb intake for the day.
- Price: $4.29
- Estimated Macros: 472 calories, 13g net carbs, and 39g protein
Spicy Southwest Salad, sans the Corn, Beans, Tomatoes, and Tortilla Strips
- What you’ll get: grilled spicy chicken breast, chopped Romaine lettuce and baby greens, shredded red cabbage and carrots, and shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. If you want to include the tomatoes (4 grape tomatoes), you’ll add 7g net carbs to your meal, which will make it moderately low-carb instead of low-carb. Instead of the Garlic & Herb Ranch dressing, try the Avocado Lime Ranch or Cream Salsa (also an additional 280 calories and 2g net carbs).
- Price: $7.45
- Estimated Macros with tomatoes: 309 calories, 12g net carbs, and 25g protein
- Estimated Macros without tomatoes: 269 calories, 5g net carbs, and 23g protein
Low-Carb Dressings and Sauces
They add fat and flavor and just enough calories so your food is still low-carb.
- Dipping Sauces
- Garlic & Herb Ranch – 140 calories, 1g net carbs, and 0g protein
- Buffalo Sauce – 50 calories, 1g net carbs, and 0g protein
- Salad Dressings
- Garlic & Herb Ranch – 280 calories, 2g net carbs, 1g protein
- Avocado Lime Ranch – 310 calories, 3g net carbs, 1g protein
- Creamy Salsa – 290 calories, 3g net carbs, 1g protein
- Light Italian – 25 calories, 3g net carbs, 0g protein
What You Should Not Order
Chick-Fil-A’s menu lists many items that are high-carb, but which are not too obvious. Here’s what you should avoid:
- Barbecue Sauce – 11 net carbs
- Chick-fil-A Sauce – 6 net carbs
- Honey Mustard Sauce – 11 net carbs
- Polynesian Sauce – 14 net carbs
- Sriracha Sauce – 10 net carbs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – 14 net carbs
- Coleslaw – 16 net carbs
- Fruit Cup – 15 net carbs
- Hearty Breast of Chicken Soup – 17 net carbs
- Kale Superfood Side Salad – 21 net carbs
- Chick-n-Strips 4-Count – 28 net carbs