Best Keto-Friendly Frozen Meals for a Healthy Diet
Not everyone has enough time to cook for themselves nowadays. Time is a currency in today’s fast-paced digital world, and sometimes we run out of it. Cooking all three meals in a day is a time-consuming job that is stressful and draining. But, what else can you do if you want to follow a diet and eat healthily? Since restaurants and take-outs can be significantly unhealthy, certain people feel they have no option but to cook at home. But, what if you could buy keto-friendly frozen meals? Well, it sure does seem like a great, affordable, time-saving option, right? So, to help you guys out with that, here’s a look at the best keto-friendly frozen meals that you can buy from supermarkets near you!
Choosing a keto-friendly frozen meal
- Make sure you go for frozen meals that have less than 10 grams of net carbs per meal.
- Go for meals that have no added sugar, unsaturated fat, sodium, and dietary fat as far as possible.
- Not everything that is labeled keto might actually be keto-friendly. Therefore, go through the ingredients religiously!
- Focus on meals that contain plant-based fats, lean protein, and veggies.
- Always check the manufacturing date and storing conditions before you buy a keto-friendly frozen meal from a store.
Best Keto-friendly Frozen Meals
These low carb frozen meals will help you stay in ketosis, without having to juggle cooking and work together. They contribute significantly with meal prep, making it easier for you to put together a meal that is nutritious and low carb at the same time. It isn’t easy to stick to a ketogenic diet when you have work or kids to look after. Temptation is also a significant factor, wherein you have sudden cravings to eat something carb-heavy. When you are running out of time and feel hungry, it is quite natural to want to buy a quick fast-food snack. However, you can get rid of this problem by having a prepped meal ready! These low carb frozen meals will help you keep those temptations at bay because all you need to do is heat them to enjoy a beautiful, healthy, low carb snack! You can stay on track and save money by indulging in these keto-friendly frozen meals.
Keto-friendly Low Carb Frozen Meal 1
Garden Lites’s Frozen Veggie Cakes
Available at Target for $4.99, this is a great veggie option for those who want to turn to more plant-based foods. It comes packed with superfoods such as kale, cauliflower and broccoli making it a powerhouse of nutrients.
Keto-friendly Low Carb Frozen Meal 2
Real Good Food’s Chicken Enchiladas
Coming in at $5.99, these serve as a great lunch option if you love Mexican food. They contain delicious, gluten-free tortillas with over 20 grams of protein, thanks to the chicken filling, making this a filling and delicious keto-friendly meal.
Keto-friendly Low Carb Frozen Meal 3
MorningStar Farms’ Original Veggie Burger
You can get your hands on these from Target for $6.89, and they make a great lean way to have both carbs and proteins. Containing only four grams of net carbs, this is a great way to add protein to your diet as it comes with 16 grams of protein.
Keto-friendly Low Carb Frozen Meal 4
Healthy Choice’s Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
Costing just $3.99, this steamed meal is an excellent keto-friendly frozen meal option. Healthy Choice has a variety of such meals in various flavors, and this one tastes absolutely fabulous. The chicken and broccoli combo contains a lot of proteins and is a great way to satiate your hunger without taking on too many carbs. Containing around 27 grams of protein, you can stay positive that this meal will be filling and healthy at the same time.
Keto-friendly Low Carb Frozen Meal 5
Quest Nutrition’s Four Cheese Frozen Pizza
Available at Target for $7.49, this is the ultimate keto-friendly frozen meal for pizza lovers! One half of this pizza contains just six grams of net carbs, making it incredibly healthy, as it includes in it 27 grams of protein. However, it does provide a lot of sodium, so make sure you do not overindulge.
Why Cook Low Carb Keto-friendly Frozen Meals?
- While frozen meals you buy from the store are low-carb, most of them still carry around 20g net carbs per meal, which is still reasonably high if you are on strict ketosis.
- Cooking at home ensures that you take into consideration all your allergies and food restrictions.
- Most store-bought frozen foods might contain ingredients that are not keto-friendly.
- Cooking at home tends to be the cheaper option.
- Most low-carb store options are from pizza brands, which may not be very keto-friendly.
How to Make Keto-Friendly Frozen Meals?
- In case you want to save money by making your own keto-friendly frozen meals, then here’s how you do that.
- Whenever you get free time, such as a holiday, work from home or weekend, engage in meal prep.
- Look for easy recipes that are low-carb and easy to make, making use of pure ingredients
- Then, cook the food, the way you usually do and let it cool.
- Once the food is at room temperature, wrap it up in a freezer-safe container.
- Store the box in your freezer and your keto-friendly frozen meals are ready to go.
- You could also make two batches every time you cook, to make things easier. Eat one batch fresh and store the other for a busy day!
- However, make sure whatever you are cooking is freezer-friendly. For instance, try to cook roasts, Italian low-carbs, bakes and casseroles as they stay safe frozen.
- Go for items which have sauces and light fats, as they ensure that the food stays fresh when heated, instead of drying it out when reheating.
- Some of the best-frozen meals you can cook would be baked Mexican fajitas, keto egg rolls, low carb parmesan chicken, keto short rib and keto herbed chicken with a side of mushrooms.
Use this store-bought and home-cooked keto-friendly frozen meals to stay on a healthy diet. As I already said, it isn’t easy creating a balanced diet when you have a lot of work. Depending on healthy foods such as this, will help you significantly when it comes to prepping meals. Always check the nutritional information on the item before buying it to ensure that you are getting keto-friendly dishes. Also, make sure you store such meals properly to avoid contamination. Let us know in the comments below, which of these serve as your go-to keto-friendly frozen meal!