Healthiest Dips to Lose Weight and Build Muscle
It never stops at one with dips. Put a bowl of guacamole in front of someone and it’s guaranteed to be squeaky clean when you come back. But this is what makes dips so bad. Most dips aren’t that healthy to begin with either. Here are some dip recipes that are healthy and full of protein so you can eat guilt free.
High-Protein Spinach And Mushroom Dip
Chips and dip are the most classic party food. Don’t throw away your clean diet by dipping Doritos into microwaved Velveeta cheese and salsa. Instead, try this protein-filled dip with some brown rice crackers.
2% cottage cheese – 1 cup (not packed)
egg whites – ¼ cup
garlic, minced – 1 tbsp
mushrooms, sliced – 1 cup
1. In a large pre-sprayed pan, saute the mushrooms and spinach over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
2. Blend cottage cheese, egg whites, and garlic until smooth.
3. Transfer the cottage cheese mixture to a large bowl and stir in the spinach and egg beaters.
4. Microwave for approximately 1 minute or until warm throughout.
5. Enjoy with rice crackers!
Creamy Tuna Dip
Another one of Detric Smith’s favorite protein snacks offers a twist to your typical tuna salad, and it’s a whole lot more appealing than eating forkfuls of tuna straight out of a can.
tuna, canned in water – 3 oz
fat-free cream cheese – 3 tbsp
green onion, chopped – 1
onion flakes – 1 tsp
garlic powder – ½ tsp
1. Mix all of the ingredients together—except for the crackers. Really work to break up the tuna into smaller pieces so the dip is smoother and easier to spread. Chill in the refrigerator.
2. When you’re ready to eat, use it as a dip or spread on your crackers.
Spicy Mexican Dip
If you want to add a little heat to your dish, this dip will do the trick. With an added kick, this recipe elevates that ordinary jar of salsa to a new level, and the cream-cheese-and-yogurt base packs a much-needed protein punch. Only a few ingredients makes it fast and easy to whip up and keep on hand at all times.
salsa – 1 cup
fat-free cream cheese – 8 tbsp
nonfat plain Greek yogurt – ½ cup
shrimp, precooked and diced – 2 oz
1. Combine the salsa, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese.
2. Once well mixed, stir in shrimp and green onions.
3. Blend together and serve immediately.
Refreshing Cucumber Dip
Cucumbers are delicious all by themselves, but they also make a perfect addition to a great-tasting dip base. If you’re looking for something light on your palette but big on taste, this dip is the way to go. It’ll be one healthy snack you’ll keep coming back for.
nonfat plain Greek yogurt – 1 cup
fat-free mayonnaise – 8 tbsp
cucumber, thinly sliced – 1 cup
garlic, minced – 1 clove
onion flakes – 1 tbsp
onion powder – 1 tsp
lemon juice – 2 tsp
1. Mix together the Greek yogurt and mayonnaise.
2. Add in onion flakes, garlic, onion powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir.
3. Add in cucumber and stir once more until well mixed. Serve immediately.
Sign up with Modern Fit to see more recipes, get tailored nutrition and fitness plans, and view much more exclusive content.