Right off the bat, let’s set your expectations right and know that you can’t get low-carb donut options at Dunkin Donuts. What you’ll modify into low-carb meals are their sandwich offerings, for which Dunkin Donuts is also famous.
For a low-carb breakfast or lunch, Dunkin’ Donuts has limited options, but where there’s a will there’s a way. Just make sure you’ll also have the will to resist all the sugary temptations. They do offer delicious keto coffee in a variety of flavors.
- Low-carb friendly: No.
- Low-carb entrees on the menu: No. It’s also interesting to learn that DD does not use any vegetables in their sandwiches, not even plain, old tomatoes.
- Satiety of modified, low-carb sandwiches: Average.
- Taste of modified, low-carb sandwiches: Average.
- Value for your money: Average. You might have to get two or three orders, depending on the sandwich.
- Overall customer experience: Below average. DD staff are not trained to accommodate modified, low-carb orders, so ordering and food prep may take a little longer, despite the fact that there are less ingredients.
Low-Carb Dunkin’ Breakfast Options
Because it’s Dunkin’ Donuts, the cashier and cook may be weirded out by your customized requests as they may not be used to getting customers who are on a low-carb diet – it’s Dunkin’ Donuts, after all, America’s favorite sugary treat. Just power on and do what you went there to do, despite all the visual temptations!
No-Toast Big ‘N Toasted
- What you’ll get: 4 bacon slices, 2 fried egg patties, 1 slice of American cheese. This is extremely filling, which makes it a great low-carb breakfast.
- Price: $3.99
- Estimated Macros: 390 calories, 3g net carbs, and 23g protein
No-Croissant Sausage, Egg, & Cheese
- What you’ll get: sausage patty, fried egg patty, and a slice of American cheese. You can’t go wrong with this classic combo.
- Price: $3.59
- Estimated Macros: 360 calories, 3 net carbs, and 16g protein
No-Bread Turkey Sausage Flatbread
- What you’ll get: turkey sausage patty, fried egg patty, and a slice of white cheddar cheese. Keto turkey is typically very lean (which translates to extremely dry), but Dunkin’s turkey sausage is actually juicy. The white cheddar cheese is a delicious substitute for the usual American cheese.
- Price: $3.59
- Estimated Macros: 320 calories, 2g net carbs, and 21g protein
No-Muffin Ham, Egg, & Cheese
- What you’ll get: 2 ham slices, 1 fried egg patty, and a slice of American cheese. If you have a small appetite during breakfast, this would be a satisfying meal – another classic.
- Price: $2.99
- Estimated Macros: 190 calories, 3g net carbs, and 13g protein
No-Bagel Angus Steak, Egg, & Cheese
- What you’ll get: Angus steak patty, fried egg patty, and a slice of American cheese. In terms of flavor, it’s like a low-carb burger sandwich.
- Price: $3.59
- Estimated Macros: 320 calories, 3g net carbs, and 23g protein
No-Bagel Bacon, Egg, & Cheese
- What you’ll get: 2 bacon slices, 1 fried egg patty, and a slice of American cheese. This is a smaller version of the Big ‘N Toasty – delicious but less filling, unless you have a small appetite.
- Price: $2.29
- Estimated Macros: 210 calories, 3g net carbs, and 12g protein
Low-Carb Dunkin’ Lunch Options
People don’t usually go to Dunkin’ Donuts for lunch, but in case you find your lunch options limited to this classic American fast food chain, here are some low-carb options you can try.
No-Bread Turkey, Bacon, & Cheddar Ciabatta
- What you’ll get: a turkey slice, 2 bacon slices, and a slice of white cheddar cheese. You might want to order two of these for a filling lunch.
Bunless Chicken, Bacon, & Cheddar
- What you’ll get: fried chicken breast filet, bacon, and white cheddar cheese. Skip the honey and horseradish dressing to cut about 5-10 carbs from the sandwich. If you prefer your chicken crispy, then you might be disappointed with this sandwich.
- If you’re gonna order any bunless sandwich with cheese for takeout, there’s always a great risk that most of the cheese will stick to the paper or foil wrap, box, or whatever packaging they come in. So the sooner you get to your sandwich, the better.
- For a low-carb breakfast sandwich, the best option is the bunless Angus Steak, Egg, & Cheese Bagel and the bunless Sausage, Egg, & cheese Biscuit.
- For lunch, your best bet are two or three orders of bunless Turkey, Bacon, & Cheddar, easy on the sauce, and an extra slice of cheese.
- Definitely try Dunkin’ Donuts’ keto coffee. You can make any of DD’s flavored coffees keto by simply asking them not to add the flavored swirls, and asking for stevia or bringing your own. The flavored shots are sugar-free. For example, you can get a large iced coffee with one cream, 2 French flavor vanilla shots, 4 toasted almond flavor shots, and add stevia.
What You Should Not Order
Definitely not any of their donuts! Going to Dunkin’ Donuts for a low-carb breakfast or lunch should only be done on a dare, or as a last resort because the place is filled with visual temptations that will test your willpower. Dunkin’ Donuts will absolutely trigger your cravings.