Most Creative Lazy Keto Meals Imaginable
I’m sure all of you know about the keto diet. Since debuting in mainstream media a decade or so ago in full force, the storm has swept over the world. Millions around the world swear by the keto diet and practice it to maintain a healthy body. However, maintaining a keto diet requires a lot of discipline and hard work. You will have to prepare most of your meals at home to complete control of what goes into your body. Sometimes you just don’t have the time or effort to cook elaborate meals, and that’s where lazy keto comes into the picture. Here’s a look at what lazy keto is, and a list of the most creative lazy keto meals imaginable.
What is Lazy Keto?
Lazy keto is a variation of the more strict keto diet that is gaining a lot of popularity around the world. It is much easier to follow when compared to the ketogenic diet, as the name suggests, and is primarily used to aid in weight loss. While the classic keto diet requires people to measure out their meals and track their intake of carbs and other macronutrients, lazy keto is a lot more chill. As per this regime, dieters need to pay attention only to their intake of carbs! Therefore, it is a lot less restrictive and more comfortable to follow for people who have a busy schedule. As per the lazy keto diet, your total daily calorie intake should have 10% carbs, which translates to around 30 or 40 grams of carbs every day. The rest of your calories need to come from proteins and fats.
Health Benefits of the Lazy Keto Diet
While most of these benefits come from studies done on the keto diet, they can be extended to the lazy keto as it works on the same principles. However, there are very few studies that work directly with the lazy keto diet, so many are extrapolated.
- It helps aid in weight loss by preventing people from consuming too many calories and carbs.
- Aids in suppressing your appetite and food cravings over time.
- Less restrictive than the keto diet.
- Easier to prepare meals.
- Improves blood sugar control in people who have type 2 diabetes
- Reduces risk factors associated with heart disease
Downsides of Lazy Keto
- Not very well studies
- Harder to know if you are in ketosis
- Does not provide much clarity regarding your nutrient intake
- Chances of experiencing keto flu when you switch your diet
What Can You Eat On a Lazy Keto Diet?
- Meat: beef/ pork/ chicken/ turkey
- Fish and Seafood: salmon/ trout/ tuna/ shrimp/ lobster/ crab
- Nuts : Almonds/ Pecans/ Macadamia/ Pine nuts/ Tree Nuts/ Nut butter
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds/ seed butters/ Chia Seeds/ Pumpkin Seeds
- Dairy: butter/ cream/ cheeses
- Veggies: leafy greens/ broccoli/ tomatoes/ onions
- Oils: Olive oil/ avocado oil/ flaxseed oil/ Coconut Oil
- Beverages: water/ coffee and tea unsweetened and in limited quantities
- Fruits: Strawberries/ blueberries/ blackberries in small portions
What to avoid
- Carb-rich foods
- Grains: bread/ pasta/ rice
- Starchy veggies: potatoes/ sweet potatoes/ peas/ corn
- High-sugar fruits: bananas/ apples/ oranges
- Legumes: beans/ lentils/ soybeans
- Dairy products: flavored yogurts
- Sugary foods and drinks: Cookies/ cakes/ ice cream/ candy/ Soda/ Fruit juices
Most Creative Lazy Keto Meals
Bacon and eggs
If you woke up late on a Monday morning and are running short on time, here’s the best lazy keto breakfast option. This classic recipe will help you get to your office on time, without ruining your diet. Though bacon isn’t too healthy, 100 grams of it still contains only 4 grams of carbs, meaning you can go for it, on limited occasions.
- Use a skillet to stir fry the bacon strips.
- Make a portion of sunny-side-up eggs using olive oil.
- You can also add diced onions and tomatoes if you want some extra flavor.
- Add some garlic and chilies to make it savory.
- However, make sure you don’t overcook the eggs.
- Mix them all together for a healthy, nutritious, and filling breakfast!
Calories: 750 cal
Fat: 68 grams
Protein: 33 grams
Scrambled Eggs and Asparagus
Another great lazy keto egg option is Scrambled eggs with asparagus. The entire recipe can be made in under 15 minutes, making it great for days you wake up late. Eggs contain healthy fats, while asparagus is rich in Vitamin A, E, C, and even K. To make the meal for filling, you can try adding cheese while making your scrambled eggs. Season the dish using salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
Calories: 168 cal
Fat: 11.1 grams
Protein: 12.2 grams
Carbs: 5.5 grams
Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
If you love seafood, then it is the perfect lazy keto lunch option, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- Boil cauliflower florets in a food processor till they turn into a rice-like form
- In a separate bowl, combine shrimps, salt, garlic, butter, and pepper.
- Saute some veggies and add them to the cauliflower rice
- Mix the shrimp combo into the rice
- Bake for around 15 minutes
- Serve piping hot, with a side of Worchestire Sauce.
Calories: 420 cal
Fat: 24 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbs: 9 grams
Stuffed Pork Chops
Pork Chops are a great dish to make when you don’t have a lot of time for meal prep, or when you don’t have much energy left. They are straightforward to make and help satiate hunger effectively. They are also loaded with nutrients like calcium, zinc, iron, and other essential vitamins, which help improve your immunity.
- Pan-fry around 3 cuts of thick and juicy pork chops.
- Once they are cooked, slice through them.
- Stuff the chops with sauteed veggies and a small amount of provolone cheese.
- Serve piping hot!
Calories: 436 cal
Fat: 25 grams
Protein: 12 grams
If you aren’t one of those who believe that a burger always needs a bun, this is a great lunch option! The bunless cheeseburger is a fantastic lazy keto meal option, which helps you stay fit by eliminating the bread, which contains almost 50 grams of carbs.
- Form patties using ground beef.
- Season them with Worcester Sauce and steak sauce.
- Add other herbs and seasonings if you wish.
- Sprinkle salt on the patties.
- Cook them in olive oil, and make sure both sides are golden brown.
- Serve it in a lettuce wrap, with some shredded cheese.
- You can add layers of tomatoes and onions for extra flavor if you want to.
Calories: 470 cal
Fat: 40 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Other Lazy Keto Meals
- Spinach and Feta Baked Egg
- Baked Kale with Ricotta
- Protein Pancakes
- Protein Oatmeal with Blueberries
- Chicken Salad with Arugula and Dill
- Tuscan Salad with Mixed Greens
- Grilled Shrimp and Radish Salad
- Smoked Salmon with Asparagus and Egg
- Pork Tenderloin + Garlic and Rosemary
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Italian Baked Chicken
- Zucchini and Turkey
Lazy keto is perfect for people who want to get fit, but find it hard to cook at home or travel a lot. It combines all the benefits of a keto diet with the convenience of easy cooking. Most of these meals are very easy to cook and take very little time. Therefore, people with even mediocre cooking skills can create tasty and nutritious meals that will help them stay fit. What’s your favorite lazy keto meal? Make sure you share your most creative lazy keto meal in the comments below!