The best waist trimmers will help you lose belly fat – at least, this is what most ads for waist trimmers claim. Some even go as far as promising a six-pack. Do they actually work? Do the best waist trimmers have other benefits? Read on to find out.
How Waist Trimmers Work
Waist trimmers – also referred to as waist trainers, weight-loss ab belts, or belly burner belts – are promoted as contraptions that can help you burn fat around the waist just through simple compression and sweating. Most brands encourage using a waist trimmer during exercise to enhance the belly-busting effect.
Just like a corset or a shapewear product, a waist trimmer also works as a compression garment – it compresses the stomach and redistributes the extra fat so that the illusion of a slimmer waist is created. Wearing a waist trimmer will also make you “exert more effort,” mostly because it’ll be a bit more difficult to breathe, especially when you use the belt while exercising. You’ll definitely sweat more, too, whether you’re just sitting still or working out.
When you wear a waist trimmer during exercise, there may be some minimal weight loss, but this will just be water weight – from all the sweat you expended. You’ll gain it back as soon as you rehydrate.
The best way to effectively lose belly fat and strengthen and tone stomach muscles is with the combination of a well-balanced diet and exercise. This is because you need to consume fewer calories than you burn – through dieting – or burn more calories than you consume – through exercising. One pound of fat is approximately equal to 3,500 calories. So in order to lose one pound, you need to eliminate 3,500 calories either through dieting or exercising or by doing both.
But using a waist trimmer still has a few real benefits, particularly when you wear one during exercise. The best waist trimmers provide extra support to your spine – this makes them ideal for weight-lifting, certain yoga exercises, and other routines that put a strain on your back. The added back support reduces the risk of injury when you’re engaging in said activities. Using a waist trimmer will also help you improve your posture.
The Best Waist Trimmers
There are two things you should consider when choosing a waist trimmer: comfort and durability. The material should not cause any discomfort when you move and it should allow you to stretch and perform your routines naturally. It should be the right size and be of good quality to provide adequate support and remain usable for a long time.
Below is a list of the best waist trimmers in the market right now.
TNT Pro Series Waist Trimmer Weight Loss Ab Belt
- Available in black and yellow, and black and pink; 3 sizes, and fits up to a 51-inch waist.
- Made with 100% neoprene and latex-free rubber. It’s thick enough to provide adequate support. The material naturally wicks away moisture and makes for easy cleaning.
- Designed to increase sweating and thermogenesis around the midsection.
- Prevents bunching and folding with its anti-slip inner grid technology.
Maxboost Premium Weight Loss Ab Belt for Women
- Available for waist sizes between 25 inches and 42 inches.
- Provides adequate compression for increased abdominal and back support.
- Made with flexible neoprene so it contours comfortably and naturally around your waist.
- The premium grade latex-free neoprene has an anti-slip inner lining that ensures that the waist trimmer moves with you without slipping, and is also sweat-resistant.
Reformer Athletics Waist Trimmer Ab Belt Trainer
- With adjustable velcro closure and fits 25 inches to 44 inches waist.
- Cushions, compresses, and supports lower back to improve posture and minimize injury risk.
- Made using high quality, breathable, three-dimensional structure neoprene with an anti-slip technology.
- Includes a fully adjustable velcro smartphone sleeve.
Montavi EzyFit Waist Trimmer
- The large size belt comfortably fits 24- to 46-inch waists. The small size belt is perfect for petite builds.
- Naturally contours around the waist.
- Uses 3-mm thick neoprene so that it effectively holds shape and stays tight around the waist for proper compression and trapping of heat.
- Provides adequate support to lower back muscles and improves posture.
Bella Grace Waist Trimmer and Slimming Belt
- Available in 4 sizes, and fits 28- to 49-inch waist.
- Comes in a fashionable floral design so that it can also be worn on top of clothing.
- Designed to help increase the body’s core temperature and sweating around the stomach area while working out.
- Made with high quality, latex-free neoprene with a velcro fastener that keeps it secure around your waist even as you move.
- Provides lumbar support, helps relieve pain in the lower back, and improves posture.
Choosing the Best Waist Trimmer – Final Thoughts
If you’re shopping for the best waist trimmer, there are important factors you should consider. Make sure it’s the right size for your waist – it should fit comfortably and securely when you wrap it around your waist. It should also have the right width to cover your abdominal area and have adequate thickness/padding that provides adequate back support while still allowing you to move naturally.
The best waist trimmers use latex-free neoprene that’s anti-slip and sweat-resistant.
It is always best to use a waist trimmer during exercise to get the best results. A good waist trimmer helps prevent/minimize injury by providing lumbar and abdominal support so that it’s easier to maintain proper form and posture throughout your workout.