Breakfast at McDonald’s – Low-Carb Ordering Guide
If you know what to avoid when on a low-carb/keto diet, you can definitely include some fast food into your diet a few times a week. Here’s a handy low-carb ordering guide for McDonald’s breakfast meals.
McDonald’s breakfast menu offers a variety of low-carb options that are satisfying both to the taste buds and the tummy.
Low-Carb McDonald’s Breakfast Options
Sausage McMuffin with Egg, sans the English Muffin
- What you’ll get: sausage patty; egg white patty; slice of cheese. This classic Mickey D’s breakfast sandwich combo will make you feel like you’re indulging but without the guilt of added carbs.
- Price: $2.95
- Estimated Macros: 340 calories and 3 net carbs
Egg McMuffin, sans the English Muffin
- What you’ll get: Canadian bacon; egg patty; slice of cheese. This is the most popular breakfast sandwich at Mickey D’s, and for good reason, with its satisfying taste. It’s just as good without the muffin, although you might need to order two to fill up.
- Price: $2.95
- Estimated Macros (for a single order): 160 calories and 3 net carbs
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit, sans the Biscuit
- What you’ll get: sausage patty; folded yellow egg; slice of cheese. This is similar to the keto Sausage McMuffin, except for the egg.
- Price: $3.55
- Estimated Macros: 224 calories and 1 net carb
Steak, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit, sans the Biscuit
- What you’ll get: steak patty; folded egg; slice of cheese; grilled onions. This is a delicious change from the usual sausage and egg combo.
- Price: $4.25
- Estimated Macros: 294 calories and 4 net carbs
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit, sans the Biscuit
- What you’ll get: 2 bacon strips; folded egg; slice of cheese. You will have to order two as the bacon strips only have half the number of calories of a single sausage patty, so a single order won’t fill you up.
- Price: $3.35
- Estimated Macros: 190 calories and 3 net carbs
Egg White Delight McMuffin, sans the English Muffin
- What you’ll get: Canadian bacon; egg white patty; white cheese. Without the muffins, and with the egg white and white cheese, this sandwich has the lowest calories among all the others. It’s also delicious.
- Price: $3.15
- Estimated Macros: 120 calories and 3 net carbs
Bacon, Egg, and Sausage Plate A la Carte
- What you’ll get: (order separately) bacon; sausage patty; and scrambled eggs or egg patty, whichever you prefer. For a high-calorie and low-carb option, this is good value for your money.
- Price: $3.84
- Estimated Macros (with scrambled eggs): 460 calories and 4 net carbs
Two-Sausage Burritos, sans the Tortilla
- What you’ll get: sausage crumbles; scrambled eggs; green peppers; onions; melted cheese. Without the tortilla, this becomes a McDonald’s low-carb breakfast bowl.
- Price: $2.30
- Estimated Macros: 200 calories and 4 net carbs
Other Low-Carb Recommendations
You can also modify some of the other breakfast entrees on the menu, such as ordering McGriddles or Big Breakfast platters but without the muffins, biscuits, hash browns, and pancakes. Once you remove the high-carb items, however, you’ll still end up with one of the low-carb entrees listed above.
You can also create your own bunless sandwich: get a sausage patty, egg patty, and white cheddar cheese. This combines Mickey D’s tastiest breakfast ingredients.
What You Should Not Order
A low-carb/keto diet means that you should avoid these breakfast ingredients when ordering at McDonald’s: muffins, biscuits, tortillas, hash browns, pancakes, bagels, griddle cakes, or syrup. And while oatmeal and yogurt are typically healthy and low-carb, the Fruit and Maple Oatmeal and Fruit N Yogurt Parfait offered at McDonald’s are actually high in carbs because of the added ingredients.