Burger King Low-Carb Guide
If you ever find yourself craving for Burger King but you’re on a low-carb diet, don’t despair. Here’s a handy guide on how to order low-carb at this fast food joint!
Overall, Burger King is a low-carb friendly fast food joint. The meals are enjoyable, and the service is good.
- Low-carb friendly? Yes
- Low-carb entrees available on the menu? Limited. But you can customize most of their meals to make them low-carb.
- Satiety level of low-carb entrees? Above average.
- Taste of low-carb entrees? Above average.
- Price / value of low-carb entrees? Above average.
- Overall customer experience? Excellent. Burger King employees seem to be familiar with bunless orders and generally will not ask you to clarify.
Low-Carb Breakfast Options
You can go traditional with a bunless breakfast sandwich; or you can build a low-carb breakfast with a la carte ingredients of your choosing. Below are our delicious recommendations.
Double Sausage Patty and Egg Breakfast Platter A la Carte
- What you’ll get: 2 sausage patties; and 2 eggs. You get good flavor with simple ingredients and great value for money at only $2.00. You may also opt for a slice of cheese and/or bacon if you can use the additional calories.
- Estimated Macros: 440 calories, 5g net carbs, and 24g protein
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissan’wich, sans Croissant
- What you’ll get: Among all the varieties of croissan’wich and biscuits with meat, cheese, and eggs they offer, this is the most tasty. Just ask them not to include the croissants.
- Price: $2.00
- Estimated Macros: 300 calories, 1g net carbs, and 16g protein
Eggnormous Burrito in a Bowl, sans Tortilla and Hash Browns
- What you’ll get: Order the big breakfast burrito in a bowl, but without the tortilla and hash browns. You’ll get two slices of bacon; one sausage patty; two folded eggs; two slices of American cheese; and shredded cheese.
- Price: $3.59
- Estimated Macros: 485 calories, 2g net carbs, and 31g protein
Fully Loaded Croissan’wich, sans Croissant
- What you’ll get: two slices of bacon; one sausage patty; one slice of ham; one folded egg; and a slice of cheese.
- Price: $3.49
- Estimated Macros: 365 calories, 2g net carbs, and 33g protein
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissan’wich, sans Croissant
- What you’ll get: two slices of bacon; one folded egg; and a slice of cheese. As a breakfast, this is not a filling option, unless you’ll get additional slices of bacon.
- Price: $3.39
- Estimated Macros: 165 calories, 1g net carbs, and 11g protein
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissan’wich, sans Croissant
- What you’ll get: a slice of ham; one folded egg; and a slice of cheese. Just the basics, and it might not feel like a complete breakfast meal for some.
- Price: $3.49
- Estimated Macros: 160 calories, 2g net carbs, and 14g protein
Low-Carb Lunch and Dinner Options
Whether for lunch or dinner, these low-carb offerings will satisfy your taste buds and stomach, as well as your macros requirements.
Bunless Double Whopper with Cheese
- What you’ll get: 2 beef patties; two slices of American cheese; lettuce; tomato; pickles; onions; and mayo. Cut back more on the carbs by asking them not to put ketchup.
- Price: $5.49
- Estimated Macros: 730 calories, 4g net carbs, and 44g protein
- What you’ll get: a small beef patty; a slice of American cheese; pickles; mustard; ketchup. Simple but tasty, although a single order may not be a filling enough lunch or dinner meal. At only a dollar, you can get a second or even third order to fill you up. Skip the ketchup to cut the carbs by up to 4g per cheeseburger; or just use a single packet of ketchup.
- Price: $1.00
- Estimated Macros (for a single cheeseburger with ketchup): 140 calories, 4g net carbs, and 10g protein
Bunless Bacon King Sandwich
- What you’ll get: two quarter-pound beef patties; 5-6 bacon slices; two slices of American cheese; ketchup; and mayo. You can skip the ketchup and add mustard, instead.
- Price: $5.99
- Estimated Macros (with mustard instead of ketchup): 900 calories, 3g net carbs, and 54g protein
Grilled Chicken Club Salad, sans Croutons
- What you’ll get: Romaine, radicchio, and green leaf lettuce; half slices of tomatoes; chicken breast fillet; bacon bits; shredded cheese; and your choice of dressing. A satisfying classic.
- Price: $5.49
- Estimated Macros: 490 calories, 8g net carbs, and 35g protein
Bunless Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Additional Bacon and Cheese
- What you’ll get: chicken breast fillet; chopped lettuce; sliced tomato; mayo; and extra bacon and cheese slice. The add-ons make this sandwich more filling.
- Price: $4.69
- Estimated Macros (with add-ons): 270 calories, 1g net carbs, and 30g protein
Bunless Original Chicken Sandwich
- What you’ll get: lightly breaded white meat chicken patty; shredded lettuce; and mayo. The chicken is fried, but the breading is light enough that it qualifies as low-carb.
- Price: $4.19
- Estimated Macros: 460 calories, 9g net carbs, and 22g protein
Low-Carb Options for Condiments, Dips, and Dressings
- Mayonnaise (1g net carb)
- Ranch Dipping Sauce (1g net carb)
- Buffalo Dipping Sauce (1g net carb)
- Ketchup (3g net carbs)
- Ken’s Avocado Ranch Dressing (4g net carbs)
- Ken’s Citrus Caesar Dressing (4g net carbs)
What You Should Not Order
If you’re just beginning your low-carb diet, you should remember that you must avoid buns, tortillas, pancakes, fries, hash browns, and desserts that Burger King offers on their menu. Below is a list of specific items that you might think are low carb but are not and which you should also skip.
- Chicken Nuggets – 2-3 carbs per nugget
- Chicken Fries – 17 grams of carbs per serving size, which is also too small to be a full meal
- Crispy Chicken Salads – 20+ carbs due to heavily breaded chicken
- Bunless Crispy Chicken Sandwiches – 20+ carbs due to heavily breaded chicken
- Steakhouse & Rodeo Burgers – 20+ carbs due to breaded onion rings and BBQ sauce
- Mozzarella Sticks – 24 carbs due to the breading
- Onion Rings – 40+ carbs due to the heavy breading
- Strawberry or Grape Jam packet – 7 carbs
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce – 8 carbs
- Barbecue Dipping Sauce – 11 carbs
- Breakfast Syrup – 30 carbs
- Ken’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette – 10 carbs
- Ken’s Lite Honey Balsamic – 14 carbs
- KEN’S Honey Mustard Dressing – 15 carbs